Sunday, February 04, 2007

1st Trip: YORK

Yeah,出發嘍! Took bus to York, and got the cheapest return ticket at £6.2

We dropped at the railway station.
The pink colour taxi looks so cute...

Can't find suitable words to describe the nice view.
The river brought this city its spirit.

Just one thing not so nice, which is.......it's damn cold in York! I was wondering why 1 hour driving distance can bring the temp down for so much? Going to die in the coldness...

Standing on the bridge, feeling the freshness and quietness

York Minster
It is a cathedral, built by Archbishop de Grey since 1220, till 1472. It is the largest medieval structure in the United Kingdom.
I can't have many words about the religion and history, but I just simply like the view in front of me, the very tall and grand hall, the colourful and extremely complex windows, the every little decoration and carving in every corner.

Also the Minster, from the side...

Layers and layers of complexity, made me confused about what is reality and what is dream.

One shot from York Art Gallery. I liked this work the most.
Let me close the door tightly
leaving all the flowers outside
smashed
in it's young colour...

At the foot of Clifford's Tower

On the top of the tower, looking down at York city, so wide, and so peaceful.

By the river, I slowed down my steps, enjoying the warm sunshine after lunch.

Human bones in Jorvik Viking Museum. Dated back to AD800-1000, imaging the life vikings were living.

Walking along the City Wall, found this symbol on the ground. Hundreds of years ago, people used the "ice house" here to store ice which was accumulated in winter and for use in summer.

Though destoried, it still appears the old days beauty.

The very traditional mail box, which is still in use today.
I found it in the entrance hall of Railway Museum.

The stations that trains could reach in old days of UK.

Taking the train of London--Paris, to see La Tour Eiffel.
Voiture Lits = Sleeping Car ?

Labels:

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes 'voitures-lits' means 'sleeping cars'. There is always this kind of magic that trains and railways stations have. When I was a student, I always enjoyed taking a night train from Paris to Marseille. On the platform, my friend waiting for me, me with eyes showing a rocked night and the first rays of dawn illuminating a blue sky. Hugs, laughs and smiles, a short trip in car and there we were, sharing a breakfast in a small village facing the sea, listening to the breaking waves on the shore and to this tiny sound that bubbles make when they die.

C&M

9:34 PM, February 05, 2007  
Blogger momo said...

I guess that's the kind of trip that everybody wish to experience at least once in their life. You must be missing the days being a student, full of joys and with no pressure.
I'm quite curious about how the trains are like nowadays in Europe. Hope I'll have chance to take the magical night train.

10:52 PM, February 05, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The river and the winter view together is fantastic! So peaceful~ and please take more pictures with you in the view okie? it is you we more wanna to see:-)

12:21 AM, February 06, 2007  
Blogger momo said...

When you are here in Europe, you will have this kind of scene filling your eye sight. So, start planning for your coming summer trip!You will easily get excited about it.
I always feel my looking on picture is really silly and strange, so normally I don't like taking picture of myself. I'll try to improve next time :)

3:05 AM, February 06, 2007  
Blogger kai 凯 said...

cool! enjoy

9:35 AM, February 06, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

love ur pic...wanna go to GB (GB?hoho...) also. It looks like totally different from central europe.

PS: blogger is much better than msn space to display pic!

8:50 PM, February 09, 2007  
Blogger momo said...

Thanks, QQ, finished exam already?
Come come ba. Will treat you the most British food.

10:07 PM, February 09, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well written article.

4:06 AM, November 11, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home